Founded by Chairman Matthew Pryor in 2004, Toppesfield has grown from strength to strength and has risen to its current position as the UK’s largest independent surfacing contractor. Delivering projects nationwide, Toppesfield is the first name in surfacing, no matter what the size, sector, or location.
Here at Toppesfield, our goal is to continually raise the benchmark for surfacing and associated services to the highest possible standard, thereby enhancing our position as contractor for choice for all surfacing works. We have created over 300 jobs, established seven regional offices and achieving an estimated turnover of £110 million and pride ourselves on the impeccable standards of workmanship that has delivered year on year growth.
Job Types: Full time, permanent
Location: West Midlands/Warwickshire/Gloucestershire/Oxfordshire
As a Supervisor you will be responsible for planning and organising of resources including labour and plant to safely achieve maximum efficiency and output. You will have responsibility for ensuring both Health and Safety standards and the strong perception of the company to our clients and employees are adhered to.
- Direct individual foremen, planning future workload to meet the targets of the contract plan and monitoring production
- Day to day co-ordination and supervision of direct labour and sub-contractors
- Place timely and accurate orders for materials and plant to ensure efficient production balancing cost against client value and adherence to standards
- Management and allocation of resources including plant, equipment and vehicles
- Completing daily diaries and returning at the end of each visit. Include copy of dims, supply problems and waiting time
- Report observations and near hits and assist with incident investigation and root cause analysis ensuring the corrective actions have been completed and closed out
- Complete a site-specific risk assessment ensuring that appropriate control measures can be implemented to complete the work safely
- Ensure that all sweeper / sprayer checks are completed and submitted via Reflow
- Deliver Toolbox Talk’s and briefings returning confirmation via Reflow
- Communicates daily with customer and Contract Management to ensure project is completed within timeline
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate focus and determination to achieve successful outcomes, take the initiative and the ability to drive and motivate the site team
We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate Supervisor who has extensive operational experience within asphalt surfacing and a can demonstrate an excellent knowledge of asphalt materials.
- Enhanced Maternity/ Paternity / Adoption Leave
- Up to 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays.
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Volunteering Programme
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Supportive working culture and future progression opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- Birthday Bonus
- Discount Portal
- Company Social Events
Please email email@example.com to ask a member of our team about working at Toppesfield or the opportunities that are currently available. We’re always happy to talk to potential candidates.