At Toppesfield Ltd health and safety is given the highest priority and will not be compromised for other objectives.
Toppesfield believe that people are its most valuable asset and we are therefore committed to providing and maintaining a safe working environment for our employees and supply chain partners to work in.
Our overall objective is Zero Harm, so the prevention of injury and occupational ill health is at the forefront of everything that we do. We shall ensure that all reasonably practicable measures are taken to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all our employees, supply chain partners and others who may be affected by the way we carry out our business.
It is our commitment to carryout our work to the highest Health and Safety standards, in accordance with the relevant statutory provisions. Our aim is to promote, set and maintain the highest standards for health, safety and welfare matters.
This will be achieved by:
- Providing places of work are safe and without risk to health;
- Consulting with employees and supply chain partners on matters affecting health and safety;
- Ensuring systems of work are safe and without risk to health;
- Providing plant and machinery which safe and without risks to health;
- Providing Company fleet which is safe and without risk to health;
- Ensuring safe handling and use of substances;
- Preventing accidents and cases of work-related ill health;
- Reviewing and revising this policy as necessary at regular intervals;
- Providing information, instruction, training and supervision to achieve the above objectives.
- Compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act,1974 and other relevant legislation and Clients standards and procedures;
As Managing Director, it is my responsibility to ensure that the Company’s Policy is implemented. To this end and in recognition that injury, damage and loss can be avoided, I accept responsibility for coordinating the overall effectiveness of health and safety within the Company. Ensuring that appropriate resources, whether financial or personnel are made available. I shall also promote and support behavioural change which is fundamental to our continued health and safety development.
In pursuance of the Company objectives all employees and supply chain partners are encouraged to demonstrate their commitment and active contribution to the implementation of this policy by working in a planned and systematic approach where safety is not compromised. Through active monitoring of the company’s safety performance and liaison with all employees our standards continue develop reflecting our commitment to Health and Safety.
Toppesfield Ltd is committed to seeking to continually improve the standard of health and safety throughout the business; we will endeavour to eliminate any hazards which may result in personal injury, illness, fire, security losses or property damage. Regular SHEQ Meetings will set key performance indicators in a SHEQ Plan and regularly review progress in achieving specified targets.
All employees and supply chain partners are expected to co-operate with the Company in implementing this policy and must ensure that their own work is carried out without risk to themselves and others.