Millbrook Proving Ground is an outdoor testing facility made up of different circuits and tracks for vehicles of all shapes and sizes. The site, also used for events, activity days and as the backdrop to stunts on many TV and film productions, was being installed with a new ‘skid pan’. To withstand such rigorous use, a robust surfacing solution was required for the latest addition to the test track.
Delivering in 15 shifts, Toppesfield’s skilled team of operatives used GPS to support in accurate level control, all delivered within a 5mm tolerance.
- 3500t of AC32 Dense Base
- 2200t of AC20 Dense Binder
- 1500t of 10mm SMA surface course 65
Results & Achievements
- Despite an unusually shaped site, surfacing at Millbrook Proving Ground was completed ahead of schedule
- GPS laying for higher accuracy and process efficiencies
- Completed ahead of schedule
To find out how Toppesfield can add value to your project contact firstname.lastname@example.org.