M1 J19 Improvements
Roughly 150,000 vehicles use Junction 19 of the M1 daily. In 2017 over £191 million was invested by Highways England on major upgrades, improving the congestion by constructing direct free-flow links at the Catthorpe junction, where the M1, M6, and A14 meet.
This project involved multiple visits, working collaboratively with other contractors in multiple locations.
- Mobile CBGM (cement based granular material) production plant
- 74,000t of CBGM and 80,000t of asphalt laid
- CBGM outputs up to 900t/shift
- Base peak outputs of 1000t/shift
- Binder course peak outputs of 500t/shift
- Surface course peak outputs of 1000t/shift
- Planning was key to the success of the project and weekly collaboration meetings were held between all parties to ensure every detail was covered.
Results & Achievements
- July 2015 – awarded the Health and Safety Contractor of the Month award
- September 2015 – the team laid over 12,000 square metres of asphalt in one shift
- December 2015 – the new A14 to M1 Northbound link road was opened three months ahead of schedule
- Surface course outputs up to 1000 t/shift on one shift
- The use of Local Positioning System for machine control for line and level, removed the need for survey pins throughout the scheme and thus reduced time, efficient transfer of information from site to office
“The project will lead to improved safety and journey reliability”
Aaron Morby, Construction Enquirer
To find out how Toppesfield can add value to your project contact email@example.com.
Call 01473 829129 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to a member of our team and discuss how we can add value to your next project. We’re always happy to answer questions and meet potential customers.