As part of development works to a string of stations across London to improve transport links in and around the city, we provided Balfour Beatty with surfacing for new platforms at the completely renovated train station, Abbey Wood. The project at Abbey Wood will halve journey times to many central London destinations.
- AC6 Dense surface course laid on new platforms.
- Access restrictions to the site meant material could only be delivered via track. A rail-road vehicle was used to transport and unload the material onto the platforms.
- Works were completed over four phases between September and November.
- Our team have the necessary qualifications to carry out the specialist railway works.
Results & Achievements
- Material access restrictions were easily resolved by Toppesfield, which meant no delays to programme.
- Right first time – no programme implications for the client
To find out how Toppesfield can add value to your project contact email@example.com.