Responsible for surfacing the newly constructed viaduct, 1.6km long and 16m wide; part of a £28 million investment to construct a new viaduct and demolish the existing viaduct. The surfacing element included three lanes of carriageway, shared footway and cycleway, and new footpath over the River Chelmer.
- 6,500 tonnes of asphalt mixes
- Average daily output of 600 tonnes per shift
- Both roundabout tie-ins were completed over 36-hour weekend closures to minimise disruption to the travelling public
Results & Achievements
- Project ‘Highly Recommended’ by Highways England and received an award for delivering sustainable and environmental solutions
- New bridge opened to traffic 15 weeks ahead of schedule
- Project completed safely with no reportable accidents
- Scheme Awards
- Considerate Construction Bronze Award
- ICE Physical Achievement Category, Merit
- ICE Technical Excellence & Innovation Category, Highly Commended
To find out how Toppesfield can add value to your project contact firstname.lastname@example.org.