Founded by Chairman Matthew Pryor in 2004, Toppesfield has grown from strength to strength and has risen to its current position as the UK’s largest independent surfacing contractor. Delivering projects nationwide, Toppesfield is the first name in surfacing, no matter what the size, sector, or location.
Here at Toppesfield, our goal is to continually raise the benchmark for surfacing and associated services to the highest possible standard, thereby enhancing our position as contractor for choice for all surfacing works. We have created 300 jobs, established seven regional offices and achieving an estimated turnover of £100 million and pride ourselves on the impeccable standards of workmanship that has delivered year on year growth.
Job Types: Full time, permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Credit Controller to join our team, reporting to the Finance Manager you will fulfil a range of duties including:
- Liaising with the Customer’s Quantity Surveyors and accounts departments to ensure all jobs are paid within terms – building a strong rapport with the client base is key
- Evaluating and applying for credit limits with our credit insurers, ensuring that we are always within their limit with current spend and forecasted work
- Work with our Commercial and Operations teams to manage exposure of credit
- Keeping diaries and notes of all customer communication in relation to debt chasing
- Resolving queries both internally and externally around payments and outstanding invoices
- Improve and implement debt collection processes when there are any overdue invoices or payments and initiate legal proceedings if necessary
- Preparing statement and reports on high-risk situations and notify the Finance Manager and Board as appropriate
- Preparing statements, client status reports and other relevant information as required; weekly and monthly
- Work with the other credit controllers with the allocation of cash on our ledgers, raising the invoices and recording the cash receipts on the cash flow ahead of them coming in
- General administration tasks required for credit control functions and recording actions
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
- Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail
- Calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to work in a methodical manner
- Demonstrable track record of numerical accuracy
- An ability to work in a fast moving and changing environment
- 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays.
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Volunteering Programme
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/ Paternity / Adoption Leave
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Supportive working culture and future progression opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- Birthday Bonus
- Discount Portal
- Company Social Events
Please email email@example.com to ask a member of our team about working at Toppesfield or the opportunities that are currently available. We’re always happy to talk to potential candidates.