Health, Safety and a real care for the Environment are at the heart of everything we do at Toppesfield Ltd here are some highlights of what we do in this vitally important area via our SHEQ Manager and his team.
- Medical screening pre-start and from then on annually for all employees.
- Manual handling reduced at every opportunity by constant review of operational processes and our procurement strategy which looks to automate activities whenever possible.
- Return to work process to ensure any employees that have been absent from work are fit to be deployed on full duties.
- Constant monitoring of plant and equipment to ensure correct operation is maintained
- Behavioural Safety Training undertaken by all employees
- Skanska (IFE) Incident Free Environment
- Volkerfitzpatrick (IIF) Incident and Injury Free
- Balfour Beatty Zero Harm
- Skanska, Health and Safety Subcontractor of the month award – July 2015, M1 J19 Improvements
- 100% SSSTS within senior management, supervisors and foremen
- 100%SMSTS within senior management and supervisors
- 100% CSCS
- 100% CPCS
- Regular safety audit programme carried out by senior management and outside consultants
Environment / Sustainability
- Materials sourced from local plants on every occasion only a fully independent company like Toppesfield can achieve this.
- Products utilising recycled materials and low energy manufacture proposed to clients and used when and wherever possible.
- Fuel and emission reduction via a modern fleet of Major Plant and Equipment which is replaced every three years.
- Fuel and emissions reduction via Blue Motion type technology on most company vehicles
Underpinning all of these impressive points are a number of accreditations in these areas.
- Achilles Building Confidence (Audited by Achilles)
- Achilles Link Up (Audited by Achilles) or works on rail infrastructure.
- Safe Contractor
- Construction Line
- CBH (Constructing Better Health)
- Committed to CSCS Platinum award
- Fleet Operators Recognition Scheme (FORS) bronze award
- National Highways Sector Scheme 16 (NHSS16)
- ISO 9001
- ISO 18001
- ISO 14001
- Fully integrated Management systems
- External and Internal Audits carried out to ensure full system compliance
- Management review to ensure and plan for continual improvement
- Right first time through experienced, trained staff and full integration with clients
- Modern, owned fleet of equipment on a 3 year replenishment cycle